March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Cannondale Adventure EQ vs. Trek Verve 3 Lowstep~

 It took a flight to Seattle to pick up the bike I wanted in the size & model Cannondale I wanted.  During the time I was in WA, the bike stayed in its box.  At Sea Tac, we pulled up near the luggage check-in desk, outside Alaska ticketing.  I paid for the second piece of "luggage" & my oversize bike box was tagged to go!

My Cannondale Adventure EQ
Butch was waiting as I disembarked the plane.  Such a relief to be back at Eppley.  The captain announced our luggage would be in the #1 claim area.  There was a large door right next to where my suitcase appeared.  Within just a couple minutes, that door opened to reveal my bike in a box!
Inspected~
There were no dings on the box, but it had been cut all across the bottom, opened & inspected.  The low bumper guard on the back fender had rubbed on something, even though looking at how it was packed, it's hard to see how.
We open the box~
Butch had the bike back together in no time.  It had already been built in Seattle, then only dismantled enough for shipment.  
Comparison photo~
It was easy to see right away, the difference in the frame design of the two bikes.  The Cannondale offers much more room between the seat & the frame.  The angle of the seat post allows you to pedal without having to brace on the handlebars.  That's what I'd had to do on the Verve
Side by side~
The Adventure has 2" wide tires, compared to the Verve's 1-3/4".  The Cannondale only has eight-gears, with lever shift.  It would be possible in the future to add eight additional gears, but I doubt I'll need them.  I never used the higher gears on the Verve & the lower were unusable for me on the gradual grades of the Wabash.
A difference~
I had to get on & ride off!  I could get on & off easily!  Though the Verve Lowstep marketing touts easy mount, I found it not to be so for me.  The small frame was too large, but the Adventure frame is also a small.  

There's no having to plan dismount my in advance, as I've had to do on the Verve. The components are quality all the way & I love having the front shocks. I've adjusted the seat & added my bags!

Monday, if our beautiful weather holds, I'll be on the trail!

1 comment:

  1. That was quite an adventure, but I’m really glad you have a bike that fits you well and makes you want to ride! Take care and merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~