March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmastime ~

 Merry Christmas!  

This holiday especially, it's difficult to be so far from the girls & their families.  Both are so good about calling. Butch received the cutest Gnome ever, handmade by our youngest Granddaughter's Skyla & Josie.  

We enjoyed a truly beautiful Christmas Eve & Christmas Day has dawned sunny & bright!  Perfect December days to enjoy, before the upcoming shift to colder weather more fitting for the time of year.  Taking the early trip to WA, made me a little late with our holiday decorating.  Even so, with Butch's help, we did more than I'd planned.  I was so happy he would be home with me for Christmas!

The Cabin~

The cabin always looks festive with holiday lights!  My favorite little tree adds cheer!  The swans are happy to be out again.

Inside~
On my walks, the blue sky, sunshine & yet green grass makes the days feel more like early spring than early winter.  The warm temperatures & no wind helps too.
The Marsh~
Only the Santa flag flying by the swing gives a clue to the time of year!

The swing~
I do keep it simple, especially since the weather can do about anything.

Front Porch~
We found the pine swag at Earl May's, early in the season.  I'd had the ribbon for years & it worked perfectly for the bow. 
Front door~
I did do some baking!  Frosted sugar cookies & of course pies.  
Our two favorites, pumpkin & southern chess~
We're both enjoying Butch's time at home.  The longest the two of us have been home together for many years.  Soon, that will change.  Butch will be leaving for Joplin, MO to start over-the-road training, while I hold down the home front! 

Happy Holidays!  May your New Year be filled with happiness, health, family & friends!

2 comments:

Always Welcome~