March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, September 16, 2022

Precursor to Fall ~

A cooler day, after a very light rain at home & I decided to go over to ride the trail.  Speaking to Mari Jo, they had received more rain than we did & she expected the trail to be sticky & soft in places.

Smokey by the field of Soy Beans~
It wasn't bad at all leaving Silver City.  Very nice to have the dust gone & such fresh air.  I hadn't gone far at all though, when I realized I was working much harder than usual.  Sticky was certainly the word to describe it & it got worse the closer I was to Malvern.
Soy Beans - turning gold~
Seeing things turn to the gold's in just a matter of days - was amazing.  There's still plenty of green, but it won't be long until the seasonal change becomes more obvious.  The farmers are already starting to take the fields of corn down.
A wild grape vine happily climbing the Walnut tree~
I had to laugh at the happiness displayed by this grape vine climbing the tree!  I'm surprised I don't see this more often - but most of the vines stay within a medium distance of the ground.
Gorgous sky at the Malvern park~
At the park, the cloud cover returned.  For a while I thought I might get sprinkled on, so started back after talking to Butch.
Leaves turing on the trail~
I didn't get far before stopping for another photo.  The color of the day, the sky etc. was just too grand after all the summer heat we've had.  Silver Creek was running clear, even after the rain, which was nice to see.
Beautiful at the trestle too~
The humidity was up.  I'm so used to riding soaked to the skin, it will be a change when the temperatures do finally cool down.  We're due to break records for heat this upcoming week - 96 on Tuesday.  Following that - we're to drop to a daytime high in the 60's.  I'll believe it when I see it!
Walnut Cathedral~
The Walnuts have made quite an obstical course of the trail.  I was walking our woods this evening when I heard a "bonk".  It sounded like someone threw a rock at me :-)  No!  It was just the walnuts dropping nuts!  The trees do make such an impression on the sections of trail they dominate.  I love the feeling of grandeur.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~