March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Mineola to the Trestle ~

 A week so far of outstanding weather!  What we all hope for & are more than ready to enjoy.  With the temperature in the mid-60's I decided to do a section of trail I hadn't ridden in forever.  At least since the injury to my leg.  A nice two-mile climb to the crest of the hill & downhill into Silver City from the north.

At the Mineola trail head~
I don't usually start out with a climb.  It took me a while to get warmed up.  The first section goes along parallel to a road, but it's paved so no dust.
The curving bridge~
This is the bridge that has always looked like it tilts to the inside.  Noisy too, as the loose boards bounce when Smokey's tires roll over them.  Once I reached the crest, it was a quick downhill into Silver City.  I stopped to say Hi to Mari Jo before continuing on to the trestle.
Soy now brown & drying~
At the trestle, I'd ridden just over eight-miles, so turned back.  I'd have the same climb on the way back & it wasn't one of my stronger days.  That probably had something to do with all the mowing I'd done yesterday & my ride on Monday!
Under the broken limb~
It was so totally beauitufl out!  Harvesting is in full swing & the air has the smell of fall.
Nettles, done for the season~
Just past the trestle, the field of nettles are showing the effects of our cooler night time temperatures.  We've had a couple mornings down to 40 degrees.  Of course the day's are getting shorter too.

Leaving Silver City - north~
Again, I stopped to see Mari Jo, but didn't stay long.  It was fun to see another section of trail I don't visit often.  Last year I'd found my first turkey feather on this stretch.

Views 
I reached the crest & Smokey went into high gear as we flew toward Mineola!  I finished the ride at just over 16-miles.  Heading home, I always enjoy seeing the fields as they're harvested & the views open up :-)   Last year our first hard frost wasn't until November 2nd - so I hope we enjoy the upcoming autum colors for at least that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~