March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, September 5, 2022

Labor Day Ride~

 I'm still waiting for the cool down that's been mentioned for a couple weeks now.  Instead of a cool down, it seems we're staying dry & unseasonably warm.  Meteorological fall started on the first of this new month.  I'm more than ready for the change of seasons.  Today was one of the better days slated for the next week, so I drove to the trailhead.  Happy Trails was open for a few hours today & Mari Jo was giving out handfulls of Jalaeno peppers!  

Back on the dusty trail~
Much to my surprise, no less than 13 riders passed me heading north toward Silver City, as I made my way south.   No riders I reconized, so probably out for the weekend ride from Omaha.  None friendly enough to return a wave or "Hi".
In the shade~
Just before I reached the bridge, two teenage girls were walking with a dog.  They had the dog under control, on a leash & greeted me.  The friendliest people on the trail this day.
Concrete south of  Malvern~
I always look forward to the mile of smooth surface as I get close to town.  It makes the distance seem shorter too!  I stopped again at the pond for a break at the covered picnic area to call Butch.  He was driving back east on the return leg of his round-trip to UT & ID.  I call it the return, because he's coming back toward home!  Butch has some scheuled home time coming up next week too!  We talked for a while before I started back.  
The edge of the pond~
I stopped at the edge of the other pond to the west of the trail.  This one is full of frogs, bugs & butterflies.  So lush with the cattails & flowers blooming.
Water still flowing~
The little creek closer to Silver City still has water flowing, abet slowly.  I'd spoken to someone at the grocery who's lived in town for many years.  She said the little creek near her home has never gone dry - until this year.  Tinkle Branch is still flowing, but it's the lowest I've seen it in our almost six-years here.  The wildlife depend on these little spring fed streams - so I hope ours continues to flow!

At home, I washed Smokey down, the dust is getting thick again on the trail.  We're forecast for rain over the upcoming weekend & I sure hope we see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~