March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Sunday, March 12, 2023

March Chill!

I'm trying to convince myself this March is normal for us, but it's sure felt cold!  The Robin's returned to our yard on the fourth & the fox came through that same day.  All of last week hosted a string of gray days.  To go along with the cold, we've had a couple wet snowstorms.  The one on the ninth was beautiful, if heavy.

3-9-2023 Wonderland of white~
Mari Jo & I were watching the weather & had decided on today for a walk on the trail.  The original forecast was for about 50 degrees, sunshine & wind.    Well...  It wasn't!  We saw the sun for about 3-minutes early this morning & temperatures in the low 20's. 
Does it look cold?
 By the time I'd made the drive to Happy Trails, it was 28 degrees with a blowing wind & a chill factor of 21.  The sky was the same slate gray, it's been most of the week.  We had rain yesterday morning, turning to snow/slush around noon.  It left about an 1" on the front walk - heavy & full of moisture.  It was even too wet to stick to the trees.
North from Silver City~
Not to be deterred, we were both dressed in layers.  I had two-layers of polar fleece under my Carhart jacket.  We both had our hoods up!  Mari Jo was correct though, once we were a way up the trail, the hills & trees cut the wind somewhat. 
Coon tracks in the frozen slush~
Once we were on the limestone, Racoon prints were everywhere.  It was very difficult without Nika.  I knew it would be.  I'd been putting off a first walk without her - for over a week.  The hand that held her leash felt so empty...  Since it's now too wet to walk the woods at home, it was time I got out.
Snow covered limestone ahead~
No one but the two of us were walking the trail this day...  We walked fast & Gracie was limited on her stops to sniff!  
The road home~
I enjoyed the walk & the drive too.  The Countryside still looks like winter - as does the sky.  I'm no fan of the time change either...  Every year we're promised will be the last & every year it's extended again.  This same date in 2021, my tulips were already over 6" tall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~