March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, March 27, 2023

Open Trail!

 Another beautiful day, but the chill wind had returned!  Regardless, when I heard the news the trail was open, I asked Butch if he'd mind making the drive to Silver City.

Barren fields~
Probably not one of my better ideas - the wind was stronger by the time we left the parking at Happy Trails & seemed a little colder too.  It didn't us long to realize the trail surface was still very soft in places.  Soft enough to make peddling a chore.
Butch & the bikes~
We were a couple miles out when I asked Butch if he wanted to turn around.  I wouldn't have minded in the least!  :-)  But no - he kept on & soon we saw Mari Jo coming back from the south.  She was bundled up & did say the trail continued to have soft areas most of the way.
Beaver dam~
I was happy to see the Beavers had rebuilt their dam, better than ever & holding the little spring moisture we've received.  It felt so nice to be out in the country again!  The air was so fresh & clean.
On the Trestle!
We made our goal & arrived at the trestle - more than ready for a rest break!  The smooth trails of Lake Manawa are a piece of cake when compaired to the limestone - when it's less than hard.  It was obvious many riders had ignored the condition of the surface - making deep groves that had hardened as things dried out.  Those ruts make it difficult riding for everyone else.  They take weeks & sometimes months to smooth out.
Silver Creek~
Silver Creek was still running low...  The lowest I can remember seeing it for the time of year.  It seems we're back in a pattern now of rain forecast - but then not materializing.  I hope that changes before the heat of summer arrives!
A spot of GREEN!
On our way back, we were riding into the wind, so we ended up getting a good workout!  Returning to Silver City, Butch loaded the bikes for the trip home.  After dropping off the bikes, we left for Menards & came home with a new portable shed for my potting supplies!  

Butch hadn't anticipated a lengthened time at home, but dispatching seems to have slowed.  It gave us time to complete a couple short projects, including getting my shed built!  It's much nicer to have him home when waiting, rather than sitting out at a truck stop somewhere.  His last day is always the hardest for me though - knowing he'll be leaving soon...

With warmer temperatures around the corner, my tulips have finally broken ground!  I'll be happy to again be spending the majority of my day's outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~