March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, March 12, 2021

Wabash Bridge Progress!

 A cloudy cooler day - storms predicted to move in tomorrow afternoon with rain & wind heading our way.  I spent the morning painting the ceiling rafters for the cabin.  Yesterday afternoon, I worked out by the horse trailer, sanding down the rough spots.

Thursday afternoon - my view~
  My view couldn't be nicer.  I realized the tulips I planted last summer, are up!  I have no idea what colors they are - I'm looking forward to the surprise!

After lunch this afternoon, I brought Nika in.  She gets so excited when she knows we're going walking.  We were in Silver City to meet-up with Mari Jo & Gracie right on time!

A big change~

I wanted to see what progress had been made on the bridge replacement.  Wow!  What a difference!

Pouring concrete~
Today they were pouring concrete for the south end bridge retaining wall.  Mari Jo had taken the crew cookies, they were appreciative!  The foreman told us they'd be working on Sat. too, trying to finish this before the rains come!
Nika & the new flag!
Soon, we were walking south on the trail.  It's finally dry enough for walking, but there were big scars where people were trying to ride bikes.
Gracie & Nika~
We set a decent pace going out - but by the time we started back - I had to slow down.  I wore a rain jacket, but didn't need it.  I've decided it's much easier to ride Speedy than walk!  Less impact on my knee & ankle.  That said;  I'm going to keep up the walking, the impact is needed too.

After our walk, I drove over to Agriland.  Nika found Butch!  :-)  This week has been a busy one, lots of activity in the fields.  We decided to try dinner in Tabor.  We hadn't been to YeYa's for almost a year.  They were busy - too busy for two people to handle both inside dining - along with all the take-out orders.  
A fun way to end our week :-)

1 comment:

  1. Nika is so cute, and it sounds like it was a nice walk. I love that your friend brought the workers cookies. Sometimes I wish we were a little more small town like that around here.

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~