March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Adding Miles ~

 With all the wind we've had, Mari Jo said the trail was perfectly dry.  We were both anxious to get out for a ride.  Today was the day, sunshine & temperatures climbing into the mid-70's.  It's too dry to have any humidity yet.  Too dry to be spring.

No, we're not going to jail! 
It seems to take forever to get back in shape each spring.  The winds have been pretty much non-stop for weeks now.  Today we were to have up to 20 mph gusts, but the wind was at our backs when we left.
Bridge over one of the small creeks~
We've had haze too, the winds coming from the south, send us the smoke from controlled burns in Kansas.  The haze was just thick enough to filter the sunshine.
Mari Jo on the bridge~
We stopped a few times on our way, not really in any hurry & we hadn't decided how far we'd ride - yet!  When we reached the Trestle, another couple rode up from the south.  They had questions regarding new tires for one of their bikes.  Mari Jo checked out the tires & discovered they had been installed backward.  Who knew - tires could be installed with the tread going the wrong direction?  I certainly didn't!  But when Mari Jo explained & showed us all the difference it became obvious.
On the Trestle, Silver Creek~
By the time we left, the wind had picked up.  We decided to ride on to the Hwy 34 underpass & turn back there.  We'd get in a 12-mile round-trip.
Our Turn-around, just past the Hwy 34 underpass ~
I kept thinking - only two more miles to Malvern, but common sense prevailed.  We'd been hit by a couple good wind gusts & would be riding back north - into it...
Mr. garter snake~
After we'd crossed the road, I looked down to see Mr. snake sunning himself along the side of the trail.  He was very lethargic, so posed long enough for me to get his picture.  

As we returned to the Trestle, two other riders came up who Mari Jo knew.  This meeting resulted in another somewhat lengthy conversation.  One of the riders asked me how I liked my "electric bike"?!  I told him it was Not electric!  This is at least the third time people have mistaken our bikes for electric.  I will have to ask next time, what about the bike makes them think it's electric?  They asked if I would ride one?  My reply is always the same - not until I HAVE to!  :-)  I hope that will be a long time off!

Happy Trails will open for the season April 12th.  I'll lose my riding partner, except on Monday's when the shop is closed.  I think it will be a busy season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~