March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, April 22, 2023

I'll Call it Spring?

 Strange weather has been the byword for months now.  A year so abnormally dry, when I cleaned the last of the flower beds behind the Cabin last Saturday, the dust was flying.  But - the Rain came!  Our total by the afternoon of Saturday the 15th, was just under 2".   

4-11-2023 - Daffodils~
What a difference it made!  Our front lawn, that Butch had mowed & fertalized while he was home - greened up overnight!  My hostas broke ground & tulips grew at least an inch!
4-18-2023 Nika's tree~
As Nika's tree began to bloom, I was sad.  This is the first spring without Nika being here with us~  

4-12-2021 Nika & her new little tree~
After a huge mess, torn up lawn & another fence panel destroyed, the piles of wood from the Mulberry tree are finally gone!  The east fence looked so bare, after years of viewing the piles of wood.  I'd even put a "free wood" ad on the local Facebook page & didn't receive one response. 

 Taking down the huge old tree, was one of the first things we did after moving in.  It was leaning toward the neighbor's house, hollow down the center & we didn't want it falling either direction.  I thought I'd "do something" with the wood, but that just didn't happen.  
4-7-2023 New Emerald Green trees on the east fence~
My timing was perfect, since Home Depot had just received their spring shipment of potted Emerald Greens.  It will take them a while, but eventually they'll provide something of a privacy screen.  The cost to have the fence repaired is almost double what it was a year ago, after the neighbor damaged it. (He did cover the cost.)
Tulips!
I haven't seen all the rabbits we had last year & thankfully the tulip blooms were not chewed off!  Maybe the fox that's been coming by had something to do with it?   I've used my repellant granuals liberally - just in case!
4-20-2023 The woods ~
The woods are returning to life!  Flowers undermined by the moles last season, are breaking ground.  The phlox starts Clara gave me have doubled in size, as have the bleeding hearts!  All the peonies too - have grown.  Now!  If the record low forecast for tonight doesn't burn everything - I'll hope to see more blooms soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~