March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Along the Trail~

Now is the time of year my yard work expands. Rain is forecast for Friday & I hope the weatherman is right.  Two inches of rain, does not make up for months of drought.  I've been watering the newest plant starts Clara gave me.  At the same time, with such beautiful weather, I want to ride!  A ride won today!

Fields being worked~
Most of the surrounding fields are now being cultivated for the spring planting.  The rains we received have helped so much with the dust - except on the gravel roads.  Today, I couldn't decide if I'd go to Malvern, stop & turn back at the Trestle, or the Hwy 34 underpass.
Smokey on the Silver Creek Trestle~
When I reached the trestle, it was just such a beautiful day.  I reminded myself days like these are few & can be far between - so I continued on.
Entering the park from the trail~
I didn't go to the Depot, but turned in at the park entrance.  I love the way the new sidewalk has gentle curves & adds to the landscape. After a call to Butch, I turned back.
Garden Phlox~
I made several stops to admire the flowers blooming along side the trail.  I do miss my rides further south, when Butch was here to pick me up after a one-way ride.  Down near Coin, the Phlox blooms in profussion!  We're not quite into the season yet - so I hope to see more as we move into May.
Virginia Waterleaf ~
Our daughter asked me about the Waterleaf last week, so I took this photo of it.  It's one of the first natives to emerge & covers the ground with it's pretty green leaves splotched with white.  Before much longer it will grown taller & bloom.  

Back at Silver City, I stopped to chat with Mari Jo before heading home.  It's so nice to have Happy Trails open again!  I was tempted to have an ice cream.  But  Kathy & I had enjoyed ice cream sunday's at C&M's Cafe yesterday, so I refrained!  I'm going to miss these plesant April days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~