March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

A Ride & "Dinner" with my Husband~

 Butch had been home over the weekend -  it's never long enough.  I was missing him already & he'd only been gone a day!  The best remedy is loading Smokey & starting the wheels turning.  It used to be saddling up the gold girl & riding her rhythmic gaits. Even so, there's something musical about the slight whirl of the tires on limestone, too.

The corn is growing by the day!
I was amazed at how much the corn had grown just since my last visit here on May 23rd!  We had ended up with just under an inch of rain over the weekend.  So very welcome & obviously the corn took full advantage!
The Walnut Cathedral is fully leafed out!
It was so fresh a day & so great to have a return to the abundant green foliage of the trees.  As usual, the Walnuts draw my attention.  I can't help but appreciate their breauty, even if they do get the award for making riding difficult once the nuts drop!
Gooseberry~
The current shrubs are some of the prettiest.  I have a few small starts in our woods, but I think they need more sun than they get.  Here, they're usually along the edges of the trail, where they get the most of the filtered sunshine.
At the park~
It was a warm day, but with low humidity.  Day's like these will be fewer & fewer as summer approaches.  I still appreciate seeing the water level up in the pond & even watched as a few fish jumped.  This little pond is a popular fishing spot & has a small campground.
Elderberry ~
As I started back for Silver City, the Elderberry caught my attention!  In full bloom - bees buzzing around the flowers.  This is my fourth season of bike riding & I haven't tired of it.  Of course it's taken four bikes to make it pleasurable.  I still cringe when I see E-bikes on the trail, but the day may come.  I would take that, to not being able to go the distances I do.
Sweet!
Happy dance!  The Mulberries were ripe!  Oh my gosh they are so sweet this year!  The trees are just loaded with them!  I picked & picked for quite a while & wished I'd brought a bag to carry some back with me.  They don't travel well though - so I would have ended up with juice - I'm sure.
On the trestle~
The sun is really strong now, I don't waste any time when I'm directly in it.  Even the planks of the bridge were radiating the heat back at me.  

Butch had called earlier in the day.  He'd picked up his load in St. Joseph on Monday & when he tried to adjust the tandems on the trailer, he discovered they wouldn't budge...  He tried everything he could think of with no success.  After a call to Izeak, (Owner of Blake Scott, who called D&D owner of the trailer) he was told to drive north on I-29 to Sapp Bros. near Percival for a repair.  
Arriving at Sapp Bros. - he spend Monday night there - but the wait time for the repair was 14-hours.  
He was told to continue on to the Love's just outside of town, near Glenwood.  He'd arrived there this morning.  They didn't have the correct part, so he'd been waiting all day for the air valve to arrive & be installed.
Traveler at the shop~
I finished my ride & decided I'd drive out to see if Butch was still waiting, since I hadn't heard from him.  As I cruised through the big truck parking area, there was my husband, walking across the lot!  He'd just backed the trailer into the shop & the repair was in process.  We ended up having "dinner" at the Subway!  Shortly after I headed home, he called to say he & Traveler were back on the road.  He managed to make his delivery in Salt Lake on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~