March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Visting Friends!

 Yesterday, Farah was under the weather from her vaccinations.  I'd mentioned to Janice I wanted to give Farah a bath.  She came by to see just what that entailed. :-)  Finally - after a lot of scrubbing - the silver tail is silver again & Farah's socks are white!   She totally enjoyed being babied & Butch took her on a long walk afterward.
Hazy views~
Today was another hazy but warm day! The winds did pick up, but I'm not complaining. It was probably mid-70s & one of the most pleasant days we've had so far this spring. Butch had reported back this morning that Farah was better, but when I arrived, I could tell that her neck was still stiff.
Now, an old fashioned Windmill~
 We found our way to my friend Carolyn's farm & she was home!  Such a beautiful place, tucked into a hillside.  Farah trimmed along the trees while Carolyn & I caught up.
Bill's horses~
 From there, I took the road that goes to Mineola.  We passed Bill's place & kept on going.  The three-miles looks crazy long when it stretches out in front of you, hill after hill.   I'd originally planned to go to the long Level B road Butch & I had found this weekend. We made it to the road & watched as a Huge Tractor pulling a Huge implement came toward us. I decided we'd take that road on another day.
Where Sand Hollow School House stood, 1908 - 1962
 Of the few cars that passed us, most were very courteous, slowing down & moving to the far side of the road.  But - of course - there's always one that goes flying by at 50, gravel flying.  Farah to her credit - hardly batted an eye.
Our new friends :-)
The kids hadn't been out when we'd gone by the first time, but on our way back saw us coming & ran to meet us!  I had just enough pieces of carrot left , everyone got to feed Farah one!  This was a first time for these kids to pet & feed a horse & I was amazed at how much they enjoyed it.  They asked if we'd moved to the neighborhood & I told them I hadn't, but Farah had.  When I mentioned she had been in a boarding stable & now had her own barn, they reminded me Jesus had been born in a stable.
Home is this way!
We found a way to ride the edge of the fields on a section of road going back to the farm.  Farah knows exactly where she is & let me know we could cut across & get there easier.  I put the heart monitor on today.  I thought the battery would be dead after almost two-years, but it surprised me & started working once she had a light sweat.  Even still stiff & not totally recovered, her readings were super.  We'll see how things change if we continue to get more of this wonderful riding weather!

2 comments:

  1. Yes....Jesus was born in a "barn." How cute~ There are more kids than not that have never fed or pet a horse. So nice of you to let them.

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~