March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, June 19, 2020

A Day on the Trail~

Since the first of June, it's been unseasonably hot!  I'd been working outside all week, dripping sweat & soaking my work clothes...  I was looking forward to the rain due to move in late yesterday.  When it did, it was so incredibly humid you could see it in the air!

First rain was forecast for today, but that changed to overcast, cooler & chance of showers.  Yes!  After lunch I loaded Speedy up & headed for the Mineola parking area on the Wabash Trace. 
On the Trestle Bridge~
Now that I have a new way to escape to the great wide-open, I look forward to it.  My original plan was to ride from Mineola to Silver City & then the bridge - before turning back.  Well...  After a short stop in Silver City to visit Mari Jo, I was at the bridge in no time.  The trail wasn't wet, but it was a little sticky.  
Speedy says the corn is growing!
 With the temperature in the high 70's, even with the humidity, if I kept moving it wasn't bad at all.  I decided if I wanted a longer ride, maybe today was the day to do it.  I talked myself into continuing on to Malvern.  Butch was gone driving an activity - so I wouldn't get in my usual visit at Agriland.
Heading back north at Malvern~
 Butch had mentioned how much work Arman had done edging the trail at Fast Stop, so I rode far enough to check it out.  Things sure looked nice & neat!  Here, I'd turned around & would be headed back north.
Malvern Depot~
 I didn't realize until I looked it up, that the Depot acts as overnight accommodation's for bike riders on the trail.  It's really a cute little property, with a picnic table & chairs on the far side.  I stopped for a couple minutes & ate a few nuts before starting the ride back the way I'd come.
Huge old tree~
 Being immersed in all the green is such a wonderful feeling.  I ride along, admiring the trees!  Some with branches spanning the trail - natures natural arches.  The one above grabbed my attention today & I had to stop for a photo.
The downhill to Mineola~
I was glad I only had the one climb out of Silver City, then the wonderful two plus mile downhill grade into Mineola!  I like riding the trail this direction - just for the final section where I can let Speedy go!  :-)  I think Speedy has some of Farah's traits!   We did just over 25-miles.  I'm amazed at how far I've come just since mid-April.  I don't see fifty's in Speedy's future, but a nice LD now & then is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~