March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Point-to-Point Bike Ride~

Slated to be the last day - of a break from the heat & humidity - I wanted to do a longer ride.  Butch came home at lunch & drove me to Council Bluffs, the beginning of the Wabash Trace.  Then, drove the Bronco back to work in Malvern.  My plan was to meet-up with him there.
Connie & Speedy~
Going south on the trail- seems to be overall -a little more of a downhill grade than north.  The last time I rode here, my Garmin wasn't working, so I didn't get elevation information.  I've not been wearing a helmet in the heat, but Mari Jo has convinced me I need to buy a light colored one & wear it...
Speedy sporting new rear reflectors~
 Speedy insisted on going over to the horse trail for a photo op under the arch tree.  Farah & I always liked this portion of the trail.  In April, I'd ridden round-trip from Mineola to Council Bluffs & it seemed difficult both directions.  Today, I could tell the difference in my level of fitness.
Margaritaville~
 At Margaritaville, the trash cans were no longer chained to the hitching post!  Yippee!  Now maybe if a horse does come this way - the hitching post will be available.  Not that any do.  I knew of my 22-mile planned ride, the four-miles into Mineola would be all downhill grade!
Ripe Mulberries!
 Right in the middle of a fine, fast stretch I saw ripe Mulberries hanging on a branch just off the trail!  I had to stop for a snack & they were So good!  My fingers were purple in no time.
Coming into Mineola~
 It was a gorgeous day, warm, but just a light breeze & low humidity.  Only one car at the trailhead, which surprised me on such a day.  I continued on toward Silver City.  I forgot to get a photo of Happy Trails Cycle, but the little building with it's sun logo is always a welcome site.

Mari Jo had her new bike in the shop & offered to let me take it for a spin.  It was tempting, but I'm still giving myself a year to see how much I ride.  I like Electra's Flat-Foot Technology & riding in a more upright position.  I pick Mari Jo's brain on shifting, gears, all things bike!  :-)
Coming into Malvern~
 My elapsed time was 3:34, with a moving time 2:28.  I'd spent most of an hour in Silver City.  My average moving speed was 8.7, which seems to be about where I land on longer rides.  On a cool day & an 8-mile ride my best has been 10.5.
Pulling up to the shop~
I could see the big shop doors open as I pulled up.  The Bronco was inside & my husband was under it!  Speedy got worried she would have to take me back home!  :-)
Speedy & The Bronco
But no, Butch had changed oil & found two loose nuts on the transmission!  The Bronco was all fixed & ready to go!   When we parked at Tobey Jacks, people out on the patio complimented Butch on his Bronco!  It seems every time he gets to drive my Bronco, he gets compliments on it!  How does that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~