March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Ride in the Wind~

The heat broke last night.  Temperatures dropping 20-degrees within two-hours.  We were under a Tornado warning, but even with sustained gusts of over 40-mph - no Tornado!  The rain came too & waking this morning to brilliant blue skies & fresh clean air was wonderful!

I'd been champing at the bit to get out on the trail.  Today's winds were gusting 20-30 mph, but with a temperature in the upper 70's - I'd be happy to brave the wind.
Speedy with her new rear rack & bag~
I decided to do the run from Silver City to Malvern.  One of my favorites & it gives me a stop at Agriland to see Butch.
First of the blow downs~
We were only about four-miles out from town when we came to the first limbs down.  This one was easy to get around.  I moved a few branches on the left & away we went!
Trees down~
The next, was a dried old limb from a tree that the high winds finally brought down.   Again, not bad to get around.  There were several places where smaller limbs were across the trail - I stopped & moved a bunch of those.
The Big one!
This one though - was a dozy!  It gave me pause, as the high winds were continuing & the trail is covered on both sides by trees.  I was so sad to see a nice one of this size on the ground.  It's the shade that makes the trail so nice on hot days.
Speedy just made it under!
With ditches on both sides, full of stinging nettles, getting around this one would have been difficult to say the least!
Mulberry's~
We'd just come to the concrete about 2-miles from Malvern & were really moving when I hit the brakes!  Berries were all over the trail!  With last nights rain, they were ripe, clean & oh so good!
Pretty good sized too!
I remembered giving Farah a handful when she was here!  She's never been keen on berries, but she sure looked funny mouthing them!

I stayed for a Coke at Agriland, before starting the trip back to Silver City.  The clouds would come & go.  The wind, that had been coming from my side most of the way over, was now coming right at me.  I really didn't even care - it was just so nice to be back out!
The Trip back~
Almost back to town, a ATV was coming at us.  The driver pulled over to talk.  He was pulling a trailer with pieces of cut limbs.  I told him that he'd only just begun!  :-)  Butch was waiting the the trailhead in Silver City.  The owners of the bike shop were sitting at their picnic table as we were loading Speedy onto the Bronco's rack & complimented her.  I told them about all the downed trees & mentioned the gentleman I'd spoken to.  They said he is a volunteer & enjoys going out after storms to clean up the resulting debris.

Someone asked me the other day if it was difficult to no longer be riding Farah.  Difficult can't even begin to describe it...  But - riding a bike has given me the incentive to still get out!  Out - helps!

Dinner at Tobey Jacks was as good as always!  It was So nice to have the respite from the heat & humidity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~