March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, August 31, 2020

A Rear View~

It was a relief, to ride into the shade of the trail~
Speedy has a new rear view mirror~
 After almost two-weeks, it was nice to be back on Speedy.  We've experienced several days in a row of unmitigated heat & humidity.  Instead of riding, I mowed & weed whacked.  Nika & I took breaks inside to cool off.

The week wasn't a good one.  Thursday, I had my first experience with a cryotherapy procedure.  Not fun & no sun for me.  Saturday, I received news of a family member seriously injured...  I can only pray for a full recovery.  I was still reeling from that news, when Butch informed me the Bronco & Explorer had been ransacked.  I'd heard the sound of car door closing very early Sat. morning. Thinking it was the neighbors, I didn't get up.  It wasn't the neighbors.  Neither were locked, so the windows are fine.  It was a grab & run.  My ancient iPod was ripped out by the wires.  Besides taking cash & change, no damage was done.
First of the leaves falling~
 Today, continued our up & down weather trends, with temperatures below our seasonal norm.   The cottonwoods are starting to loose the first of their leaves.
Speedy on the trail~
My mind needed a break - just the sound of the tires on the limestone was somehow comforting.  Not hoofbeats, how I miss the mare that made those, but comforting none the less...  I could almost hear the silence.
Beaver Dam~
The rivers & creeks are very low now.  The lack of rain telling in so many ways.   I went south to Agriland, where Butch had my icy coke waiting.
Back toward Silver City
I only saw two other riders in my 17-mile round trip.  The Cardinals are the predominant birds still near the trail.  A little black squirrel ran right towards me, then stopped just sky of the front tire!  He shook from top to bottom, for a split second, before doing an about-face!
Dust on the far off road~
The dust on the gravel roads is really bad.  I could usually see from a way off when a vehicle went by on one of the intersections.  I waited for it to settle, to prevent being covered in grit.
The rear view~
Speedy's newest piece of equipment worked well.  No one was out there - but if they had been - at least I wouldn't have been surprised.  I have to remind myself to check it though - especially when my mind drifts off to problems I can't seem to find a solution for...  Speedy doesn't do so well navigating without me!

Butch met me in Silver City & fixed a small problem with Speedy's front brake.  We enjoyed a beautiful evening - the days are getting shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~