March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, March 6, 2021

The Long Wait is Over!

  Many times, it seemed like a long lost dream, to ever ride again...  Just shy of six-months - I'm Back riding Speedy & peddling under my own power with both legs!  Lake Manawa was the perfect place to see how I'd do.  Flat, smooth trails, easy going.  The lake was so beautiful, still covered with a sheet of ice.

Connie & Speedy~

The day was absolutely perfect!  Hazy sunshine, mid-60's & just a little breeze.  I have to be super careful with my starts & stops.  Otherwise, just my knee & ankle were very stiff when we started out.  I wondered how far I would be able to go?  But I kept on going!

Construction near the lake shore~
From what I've read, this is to be a new campground.  This park is busy, so a nice camping facility will be appreciated by many in & out of the area.  The tall buildings in the background are in Omaha.
Butch with Silver & Speedy~
I was Not out to break any records.  My only goal was to make the complete loop & enjoy the ride.  Butch let me lead, we were passed by a few professional speedsters.  With the Wabash still closed, they take advantage of the hard surface parks trails.  
Our favorite~
We stopped in at Leach Camper Sales to check out the latest trailers.  It's amazing how nice they are!  We were the only ones to ride in on bikes!  :-)  Silver & Speedy received a lot of compliments.  I admit I took a short break on one of the nice soft seats in our favorite model.
The bridge~
If there's any wind, it finds us along this stretch.  Coming up to the bridge, we were passed by an electric bike, really whizzing along.  We're seeing more & more of them.
The truck waits~
I could hear the Garmin ticking off the miles, but didn't even look until we were back at the truck.  
Our Route~  Shopping top left corner :-)
We covered 7.5 miles.  Speedy & Silver weren't even tired!  It felt So Very Good to be back, together, on our bikes again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~