March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Speedy waits ~

 Warm temperatures have arrived!  Yesterday started the trend, but we had enough wind that it still felt cold.  I changed out my winter décor to spring!  With the sunshine & warmer temperatures I was more than ready!  In the afternoon I walked Nika to Doris's - we returned home going up the Big hill.  My leg was worse on the downhill.  Butch & I sat out on the front porch, when he came home from work last evening!  It was that nice!

 Today, we soared into the mid-60's!  No wind & the bluest of blue skies overhead!  After matt-making Doris & I decided the day was Way too nice to go to the Y!  

At the Cabin, I opened the doors & windows.  Speedy was staring at me...

Soon - the Cabin will have a ceiling!
I haven't ridden for almost two-months.  The Wabash, is now a defrosting mess.  But Speedy was persuasive...  What the heck - I took her out to the street & rode up the block & back.  I felt more strength in the leg than last time.  Enough ROM to peddle, but far from the leg I once had.  (I tried to go off the Gabapentin last week & lasted three-days.  By Monday, the misery was intense.  My lower leg still feels like a burning club.)  
Speedy, fit & ready~
I have to constantly remind myself the expected recovery is a year.  Next week, will be six-months.  Some say, the ROM you have at six-months is what you will have.  I hope not - but as hard as I've worked, I don't think I've gone beyond 120°.  My PT schedule is now complete.
The melt is on!
I took a bucket out to pick up all the rock from the Cabin driveway, scattered from the plow.  I ended up with the rake & shovel & broke a sweat!  The streets are a mess with all the sand, dirt & ice melt.  I used the blower to clean the drive-way & walks.  We still have ice along the curbs in front.

I'm going to try to talk Butch into taking the bikes up to Lake Manawa this weekend.  It's pretty easy going & it would be so fun to ride again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~