March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Almost Gone ~

 I'll be sad to see the last of the leaves fall...  They've been so beautiful.  Today, with 70 degrees & sunshine is to be one of the last we'll enjoy for this season.  My second ride this week, I just couldn't let the day slide by without a short ride. 

South from Silver City~

 Not too far out from Silver City, I ran into Mari Jo returning to town.  My phone hasn't been putting some of my calls through & I'd missed hers.  With sunset now an hour earlier, we both needed to keep peddling.   The wind was fierce, big gusts coming from the SW.  More than once I thought about turning back.

Just a trickle~
Besides one nice rain storm a couple weeks ago, it's been dry.  It still seems strange to me, how little actual rain we get here, compared to the days & weeks of rain we were used to in WA.  Of course, it's the snow in winter that keeps us so green & lush.
The River appears again through the trees~
With the ground covers dying back after a couple good frosts, the view to the river is open again, from the south end of the bridge.  I love seeing the big old cottonwood.
Breezy on the Trestle~
As I looked further south down the trail from the bridge, I could see a large group of riders coming my direction.  I'd been lucky so far, only seeing a couple riders.  I decided to sit on the bench & wait until they'd passed.  One family came by with four little's on some really cute bikes!  So fun to see them trucking along.
Almost back~
It was a beautiful - now - late afternoon.  Riding the trail in November, is new-to-me this year & I really enjoyed it.  The sky looks so blue with the sun moving far to the south.  Thankfully, the wind died off, it was blissfully quiet.
Leaf lace~
Almost back to town, I had to stop to admire the leaves of this tree.  With the backlight of the sun, they were eye catching & reminded me of a waterfall of gold.  It was still plenty warm when I returned to the Explorer.  Nothing like the time change, to shorten our days & make it feel like winter is around the corner... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~