March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, July 29, 2022

Fifty-mile Week~

 I didn't intent to ride as often, but with the weather staying moderate & my mowing slowing down a bit, I enjoyed the opportunity to get in three rides.  I considered a different part of the trail, but I like this one so much.

South on the Wabash~
I was peddling along thinking about how each visit I see new things, or something different, when my eye caught sight of the feather below!
My Find!  Yet to be identified~
Laying right in the middle of the trail, it couldn't have been there long, as there were more riders out today.  It's nine inches long & similiar to the one I found in our woods just a week ago.
Found last week~
I've sent both photos to our local naturalist at Pony Creek, to see if she can identify them.  The one above is six-inches long.  Exciting stuff - if you're me :-)  I've always considered them very good luck.

( Years ago, I came home from my last day as a Household Manger for my friends in Lake Stevens after over eight-years.  I was so sad that my daily time with their son Lee was at end.  (His sister had gone off to college.) He'd managed to grow up when I wasn't looking!  I pulled up to the gate at the Homestead, stepped out of the Bronco & found a beautiful Hawk feather right at my feet.  I have it attached to the Indian Mandala Butch & I bought years ago from a member of the Stillaquamish tribe.)
Shade on the trestle~
It really was a another beautiful day, but I'd forgotten my electrolytes.  I decided to ride into town to the pharmacy & pick something up before turning back.  All they had was one large  box of EmergenC.  It was fun fitting it into my bike pack.  I'd brought an extra bottle of water, so it worked!
New art installation~
I'd seen new poles installed along the side of the trail, as I was riding past on Monday.  I thought maybe Heartland Coop was putting up a fence?  But no, now I understand this is the newest Malvern art installation.  It looks like left over steel scrap, but it does screen the view of the anhyrous tanks.
Entering the park, Malvern
I LOVE the view entering the park from off the trail!  The curving side walks add so much shape to the landscape.  You can see the covered picnic area where I take my break in the background.
Creeks running low~
I was surprised at how low the creeks are, but shouldn't be.  We're still very low on rainfall & were lucky to get the little bit we did last week.
Just a little way to go!
Heading back, I made good time & liked the lift the electrolyte gave me, my shirt was soaked.  I got home & downloaded my stats, realizing then I'd breached the 50-mile mark.  If getting to  the trail didn't involve a 24-mile round-trip - I'd be out there more often - on Cooler days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~