March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

July - Having Fun Yet?

 It's July & it's been hot!  From what the weatherman forecasts, it will continue to be hot & hotter still!  Today, we were told would be the last in the mid-80's with lower humidity.  A day I could actually enjoy a long ride.  In Silver City, I unloaded Smokey & said "Hi" to Mari Jo, before going out on the trail.

Shade!
The trail surface was rock hard, but with very little dust, since we did get a small rain storm a day ago.  I started out thinking I'd just ride to the Trestle.  With Butch coming home for a few days & the hot weather, it had been two-weeks since my last ride.  I'd managed four-rides in June, but I doubt July will be so accomodating...
Walnuts overhead~
The canopy of the trail is fully leafed out now & the Walnuts are my favorite!  It's a surreal feel to be engulfed in all the green.  Walnuts are falling to the trail surface too, but thankfully I don't think we'll see the bumper crop we had last season!
At the Trestle~
At the Trestle, I felt really good so decided to go ahead & ride to Malvern.  This decision commits me to the 17-mile ride, with four more miles to Malvern & then the eight-mile return.  The day was heating up, but a nice breeze helped.
Beautiful July blues~
The only blooming plant so far this month along the trail - the blue of the Nettles is vivid against all the greens!  Last year, this month I was riding the Trek Verve & struggling to enjoy the ride.  This year, Smokey has made riding so much more enjoyable!
Smokey under hwy 34
I stopped in the tunnel to enjoy the cool shade before continuing on the last couple miles.  I always look forward to reaching the concrete a mile out of town.  
Rest Break at the park~
From the park & can see across the way to Agriland.  Last year, this was the last month Butch worked there & the last time I was able to visit him.  I'm glad the covered picnic area is here at the park, but I miss those visist with my husband & the cold Coke too!
On the way back to Silver City~
Turning back north, I almost collided with a Squirrel!  He couldn't decide which way to go & by the time he did - I just missed him!  Too funny that they ususally wait until the last minute to avoid the bike!  I only saw one other rider on the trail either way.
Back at Silver City, I cooled off in Mari Jo's shop before heading home.  Our forecast into fall is for more hot, dry weather.  I do work outside mowing etc. until the humidity skyrockets, then the coolness of the house calls my name!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~