March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, August 26, 2022

Sticky & Humid!

 The sound of thunder woke me early this morning.  Then came the welcome sound of rain.  What started as a drizzle turned into a nice downpour & gave us .40 of badly needed moisture.  I'd wanted to get in a ride today, before the upcoming forecast heat, humidity & thunderstorms of the weekend.

Toward a clearing ~
Leaving Happy Trails, the sun was shining, it was warm with a nice breeze blowing.  Mari Jo said she hadn't seen anyone on the trail all day.  I love having the trail to myself & was looking forward to a second ride this week.
Moss on the trestle~
I soon remembered it's a little more difficult to ride when the trail is damp.  Still solid enough Smokey's tires weren't sinking in, but the grit was sticking to the tires & hitting the fenders.
Smokey on the damp trail~
I debated with myself - as I usually do - going all the way to Malvern.  The park is such a nice spot for a break, I opted for Malvern.  After making my loop around the little neighborhood, I returned to the park.
Looking acorss the lake at our usual break area~
My usual break spot at the first of the picnic area's was already taken by a man who'd ridden in while I was in town.  I continued on around the lake to the picnic area on the far side.  While I was talking to Butch on the phone, the clouds moved in.  With the clouds came an almost instant increase in humidity!
Heading back~
By now, I was almost regretting my decision to do the full 17-miles...  When I stopped to take the photo above, the humidity was so thick - it was like being enveloped in a blanket of steam.  I was soaked to the skin.  I received a text from Butch, he was coming home for the night!  
Sticky!
I picked up a little speed & by the time I arrived at Happy Trails, Mari Jo met me with a bag full of ripe tomatoes!  No time to chat today, Butch was by now, under 2-hours out.
Dirty!
Loading Smokey, I couldn't believe how the trail grit & grime covered the inside of the fenders & lower part of the frame.  Once home, Smokey received a good wash!  I had time to shower & put something in the oven for our dinner before Butch arrived home.  His dispatches are including enough time, that he can stop & still easily make his deliveries.  Nice for us both - since we see each other more often!  (I've reached just over 500-miles year-to-date!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~