March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Goodby to August!

 I have to admit, I'm glad to see August in the rear view mirror.  It's the last day in the month & wasn't as humid as usual.  Leaving Silver City, there was a decent wind blowing from the south. 

On the trail~
Butch had called earlier & has enough time to come home overnight.  I couldn't decide how far to ride, until I was riding & as usual, decided to go to Malvern.
On the Trestle~
It was a quiet day, just a couple Cardinal's crossing the trail & the squirrel's busy gathering walnuts.  The walnuts provide enough nuts on the trail to make it interesting.  As I was putting my phone back on the handlebars, I'd inadvertently hit the front camera & saw the image below.
View of above~
Even though messy, the walnuts are still my favorite trees.  Slow to leaf out in the spring, dropping nuts everywhere in the late summer, then early to loose their leaves in the fall.  Ours in the front yard has grown even taller after last summer's storm & resulting pruning.
Back in our favorite rest area~
I only saw one other rider the entire way south.  I couldn't help thinking, only one other person was crazy enough to ride on such a warm day!   Being on the trail, looking out at the landscape, is almost like being in two different worlds.  With just the thin buffer of trees & shrubs seperating the trail from the surrounding countryside.  Some farmers cut right into the easement, pushing the debri toward the trail & leaving nothing between it & their fields.  Others are a bit more generous & leave a narrow buffer  adjacent to the trail in brush.
From the inside, looking out~
This section is the best in warm weather, with shade almost the entire distance.  By the time I returned to Silver City, I was again soaked & anxious to get home.  Butch has been told trucking schedules will be tightening up again.  That's good for trucking & the economy, but not so good for his stops at home.  
Home again!
The AC in his blue truck was repaired & he picked it up on Monday in UT.  Butch already had another drive tire blow out, in the newer red truck he'd been driving while Blue was in the shop.  Nika & I are happy to have him back in Blue, since Blue sports all NEW tires!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~