March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Sweet Relief~

 No blowing, gusting winds today after being battered for days & days.  I was happy to have a "perfect ten" day to go out & enjoy a ride.

Purple blooms again~
I left Silver City on my way south & couldn't help but stop several times to admire the rapidly changing landscape.  The trees are turning a beautiful pale lime green - a precursor to the lush dark green's of the rapidly approaching summer months.
Smokey on the trestle~
We're still so badly in need of rain.  The ceaseless wind - has dried all the moisture from the last rain in short order...  The level of the two small creeks was lower too, just since my last ride a week ago.
Taking a break~
It was a warmer day, the warmth felt so good without the usual humidity.  Of course, no rain, no humidity.  A double edged sword.  I was feeling stronger today & rode to the depot in Malvern before turning back to the park.
Possible repairs~
As I made the return ride north, I noticed the stack of railroad timbers by this bridge.  One of two smaller bridges that have been in bad shape since I've been riding the trail.  Both are in need of repair & it looks like someone else thinks so too. The transitions going on & off are a nice solid, teeth jaring bump, even with shocks!
The purple of the Phlox are so beautiful~
Seeing the bright purple along the sides of the trail is such a treat after months of stark brown.  Back at the Trestle, I stopped again.  I've not been at all happy with someone's idea of decoration attached to the bridge... There had been two bottles here, one was broken off.
What I dislike!
To me, this unwanted additon is a rude distraction from the architectural beauty of the structure.  I'd hoped to attend the monthly meeting in Imogene, but will be unable to.  I've passed my concerns on to a friend who's a member of the trail board.  No glass is allowed on the trail, so you'd think that would be enough to stop this from happening.  Instead, there are now two struts with bottles attached...  

For whatever reason, someone is now attaching stickers to the steel too...  I have to hope the trail volunteers will remove both the bottles & the stickers.  It's not the impression I would think the committee would want presented to the many riders who enjoy this trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~