March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, December 29, 2023

Walk with our Friends ~

 It was a beautiful day!  Chilly, with a breeze coming out of the north, but still so nice for late December.  Finn & I met up with Mari Jo & Gracie for an afternoon walk!  

Finn, Gracie & two shadows!
Mari Jo was sitting at the picnic table by the shop when I pulled into the parking area.  Gracie's tail was wagging from when she saw the Explorer coming down the street!  Finn couldn't wait to get out & jumped out on his own.  He & Gracie did a bit of playing - both have domineering traits.  Loose in a fenced area, I'm sure they'd work things out.   

Finn is  a changed dog!  It's hard to believe it's been almost a month since I brought him home.  He's gained a pound & now has some padding over his ribs.  He's literally my little shadow & follows me everywhere I'll let him.  He's also been holding out on me!  I'd found the K9 Frisbee Flyer we'd bought about 20-years ago for one of our dogs who never wanted to play with it.  I took it out, asked Finn if he wanted to play?  I tossed it!  He went flying after it, grabbed it & brought it back!  Not just once - but four times!  

Where a tractor had crossed the trail~
Above shows what damage can be done to the trail this time of year.  Finn is standing at the edge of the limestone.  The tractor had crossed over from one side to a field on the other, then back.  Just walking, we weren't sinking in yet, but if we get more moisture, we'll be staying on the concrete.
Stretching the limits~
Finn has also learned he's not allowed on the furniture...  The pouf is not - for those of you who don't know - considered "furniture". :-)  Plus, it has the added benefit of enough height so Finnigan can easily see out the windows!

I'd moved his crate out on the back deck, it was in the way in the utility room & he's now using his bed in the family room at night.  I finally decided to move it into the craft room.  Soon, Finn was disappearing now & again.  I'd find him resting in his crate!  

When Butch was home over Christmas, the two of them took off for Bomgaars in Butch's truck. Finn got to ride on the padded arm rest between the seats.  I got a look that plainly said; "Dad's truck, Dad's rules!"  It was so sad when Butch left.  Finn kept checking both the front & back doors - looking to see if he was out there.

He's so much more confident now.  Every day he shows me more of his personality.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~