March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Sunshine & Shadows ~

It was a day of blazing sunshine, lower temperature, humidly & a nice breeze. White clouds floating over a landscape now filling with every shade of green.  This week our temperatures have been running ten degrees above average for the time of year, so there are grumblings of no spring - just a jump into summer...  We'll see...
Fields of dreams~
The mid-80's did feel on the verge of hot.  When a cloud came over, the shade was welcome, as was the breeze.  It was mesmerizing to watch the shade from the clouds drift across the fields.
A mouthful!
I just can't blame Farah for wanting to stop to grab a mouthful now & then.  Keeping her out at the edge of the plowed fields helps, but soon they'll be planted & we'll be on the greens.  
The bridge~
Today was the day I decided that we'd go over the bridge.  We ran into two kids carrying sticks & rocks.  When we stopped to talk, they told me they were gathering materials for a new fish tank.  Not a project I would have guessed :-)
Keg Creek below~
The bridge decking is badly in need of repairs.  Loose nails, missing nails, one board with a large hole, I was glad I'd dismounted to walk across.  Farah kept to the middle & I watched as some of the boards bent under her weight.  The dirt road didn't last as long as I'd hoped, ending with gravel at the top of a long hill.
Leaves opening!
What a beautiful sight - to see the pale green of the opening leaf buds in the trees!  It seemed to take forever this year & now it's almost an explosion of color.  We continued on the gravel west, almost to a paved road, before turning back.
Countryside~
A friend asked me the other day why we'd moved?  The wide-open spaces & ease of travel topped the list.  It's not that there's not many things I miss...  The Grandkids, their parents, even though I think we message more now than when we were closer. 
Lilac~
My long time riding friends though - those that I had so much history with - I do miss them & the comradery we shared.  I am so appreciative of the way they continue to read my stories.
Yard sign~
The above sign is not one I would have seen in WA.  Here, Christianity is a way of life, acts of kindness, an every day occurrence.  It seems, for the most part, to be a kinder, gentler world. 
Arriving back at the farm~
We saw Butch's truck coming down the road from the far west field as we were returning to the farm.  Farah had just enough of a sweat that I used a bucket to wash her down - which she appreciated.  We enjoyed a gorgeous evening & beautiful sunset.  A perfect end to my favorite kind of day - one in the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~