March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, May 25, 2018

The Little Things~

When life takes an unexpected turn, it's the little things that seem to either hurt or help.  I've had my share of both this past week.  It was a week ago today - I received the diagnosis of irreparable damage to my retina.

During those few days, I've been hurt by  the suppositions of others.  One suggesting I don't live a healthy enough lifestyle was disconcerting to say the least.  I've been through the days of my mind tricking me into playing the blame game.  Who among us leads a perfect life?  I don't & what fun would it be if we did?  Probably not as much fun as having that ice cream cone on a hot day, or galloping up a mountain as fast as your horse will take you - as the tears stream from your eyes!
Hanging planter to the left of the door~
But then, there are those unexpected gifts.  Last Friday morning, I walked out onto the porch to find a beautiful female Cardinal sitting on the rail.  She was so close I could actually see her!  Later in the day I was coming in & noticed pieces of sticks on the deck by the door?  Now where did those come from?  I looked up at the little planter that hangs there to find a nest under construction - right on top of the artificial plant!

I pointed it out to Butch that evening & as the days went by - I saw the female fly low under the eves once or twice.  Neither of us could imagine that she would continue her construction with the front screen door opening & closing so often.  I didn't have the heart to remove it though.
Eggs!
Today, I came home to hear a slight clicking noise...  Just on a hunch, I got the little ladder & peeked inside to find three beautiful, perfect eggs!   A true blessing for me - a reason to appreciate the vision I still have - has been placed right by my door.
CRAO - Approximation
The photo above is the closest representation (mine is more clouds) I can find to the current vision in my right eye.  I can still see shapes. I've been considering what changes I need to make to protect the vision I have left. I contacted RidersTack to ask about goggles. I will be wearing them most of the time & wanted something I knew would work. They gave me some great options & two pair are on the way.

After today's visit with my new GP, I was relieved to learn my test results were fine.  No plaque buildups or off-kilter blood test results.  My spirits were raised when I heard the words;  "You must practice a healthy lifestyle." I'm waiting now to see a Cardiologist.  As Dr. Angle said; "We can't outrun our genetics."

Small steps, as I adjust to my new reality.  Taking pictures with my left eye has been interesting too.  I can tell, even if you can't - the angle is different!   Learning to hold my big camera differently & using the left eye to compose the frame will take time.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll like the results better!

4 comments:

  1. All my healing wishes for you! And ignore the haters. Problems can arise regardless of what kind of healthstyle we live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - I will & I'm finding that out...

      Delete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. naturopath malvern

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~