March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Day's of Long Shadows~

The weather continues to be glorious. I would be so happy to be out on the trail riding Speedy, appreciating every minute of the ever shortening days.  Alas, I've taken my walking sticks out of the closet & put them to use. I feel so much more mobile. They are much easier than pushing & lifting, the walker around. 
Woods~
Thankful - I can get close to nature without leaving home. Walking in the woods, is challenging, yet so rewarding. With the sun so far to the south, the shadows stretch far across the leaf strewn ground.  Tomorrow, we go see Sam Phillips, MD who will hopefully set me free of the walker.  I'm now at eleven-weeks since my first surgery! 
Looking east from the west end of the woods~
I was discouraged to find one of the little trees we'd planted two-years ago by the far property corner, destroyed by a deer. Broken in half, with branches on the ground, it was easy to know what had done the deed.
Santa Flag~
It's impossible not to be outside! Our weather is due to change this weekend, we'll be saying goodbye to temperatures in the 60's & I'll miss them!
Tinkle branch running clear along the Marsh~
The grass is still green, a neighbor was mowing this afternoon.  Getting up & down the hill is my exercise for the day!  
Nika, a year ago today, brush piles everywhere~
Nika is mad I'm not taking her with me, but I can't handle the sticks & her leash too.  Soon though - we'll be back to doing our winter walks!  In 2018, by later in the month, we were well into winter mode.  Most of December last year was beautiful too, so it's easy to be lured into thinking winter will be mild.  We're so dry, I don't think anyone will complain if we see moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~