March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Sunday, December 20, 2020

A Big Tractor!

 Another really nice December weekend!  This one, Butch had Saturday off from driving the wrestlers to meets.  It was nice to have him home!  Today, we sat out & enjoyed a beautiful morning, watching the snow melt.  It's not all gone yet, but if we hit the temperatures forecast for the next couple days, it will be.

I'd been wanting to see Agriland' s new Tractor.  It had been out in the fields the past few weeks.  I was surprised when Butch said it was back in the yard.  After a late breakfast & some last minute grocery shopping for the holiday, we made the drive to Malvern.

John Deere 9520R

With the Anhydrous bars in tow, it's even more impressive.

In the drivers seat~
I couldn't have made it just a week or two ago, but I'm doing my best to gain range-of-motion as my knee will allow.  It seems slow, but on Friday, I'd made it to 105° from 101° on Monday.  Those extra few degrees got me up the steps & into the cab!
Impressive view!
Butch says he'll take me on a ride one of these days.  He also mentioned something about me driving it?!   Hum...  I'm sure it will be a totally different experience from driving the antique Farmall :-)  My leg will need to be working better, since there are two break pedals, one for each side.  
Back on the ground :-)
I made it back down, the last step was a bit long - but with Butch's help, I landed safely.  The clouds rolled in & daylight faded fast!  Another item added to my ever lengthening want-to-do-when-I'm-healed list!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~