March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, December 25, 2020

This Christmas Day~

 It feels like Christmas!  Even with the girls families so far away.  Courtney & I texted last night & today Jentry called too.  We unwrapped her gift to us while we were on the phone.  An original work of art - it will have a place of honor in the Cabin!  

Our Christmas Cabin!

  Some year, I hope we can all be together here for Christmas.  We were so lucky to enjoy all the holidays we did, our big, little family.  Now our three oldest grandkids are almost grown!  The two youngest, will be in the double digits the next couple years!

Eldest Grandson Ben, girlfriend Angelica, youngest grandaughters Skyla & Josie
  Sunshine, a brilliant blue sky, with much colder temperatures than last year's 60.  We nevertheless sat out with our latte's.  My little heater kept my feet warm & Nika shared my blanket :-)
Christmas morning latte's~
I could have spent the day with my feet up, but then we wouldn't have enjoyed our dinner of ham balls & all the trimmings!  Of course we had to finish up with pumpkin pie!  
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. This is the first year we have not had Christmas Eve dinner with J's family, since 2007 (except for one year we were actually in America).

    This year I refused to go to the gathering, and instead, I sent J's mother a card. My husband complied.

    I wanted, for all the world, to write in the card, "Now you know how my mom feels every single year I've lived here."

    My family misses me so much it's painful. Their pain matches my own.

    My mom's Christmas package this year (cuz I know you'll laugh):

    Ranch Dressing Powder (Costco size)
    Taco Seasoning Powder (Costco size)
    Best Foods Mayo (American size)
    Also Dark Chocolate MnMs (2) for J, cuz he loves Dark Chocolate MnMs and they don't exist here. WHY?
    I also got a set of fluffy PJs that I haven't taken off in 3 days.

    Separation sucks.

    Next year we will rush the border as soon as possible. People are getting older. Me, and my family.

    Merry Christmas from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain... The holidays are so tough when family is far away... Your Mother knows you well :-) I love the contents of your package! Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Always Welcome~