March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, December 12, 2020

First Snow ~

 Yesterday started out cloudy.  But by mid-afternoon the rain came; a nice, slow, soaking rain.  Temperatures dropped, the wind picked up & last night - the snow started.

The Cabin~
Butch had to drive the wrestlers to Sioux City, two hours north. Since they left early, he didn't have time to clear the walks. I walked out front to find ice from the rain beneath the snow, just about impossible to shovel.
Sun dropping behind the hill~
Later this afternoon, things started to drip a little.  I managed to get my foot into my boot, put on gloves & decided to do what I could do.  With only maybe 2-3", it had gotten wet enough to be heavy.  I did our walkway (Butch had taken down the ramp last weekend!).  

100% weight bearing, doesn't mean my knee is working yet.  But the repair is healed & I can load the leg.  It's tight, painful & I constantly try to stretch it out.  My 90+ degree angle had not changed since last week.  I now have PT twice a week & try to meet Doris at the Y twice a week too.  I'm going to keep on keeping on - until I can get full rotation on my stationary bike & walk without a limp!  
Edge of the woods~
I started down the sidewalk & worked my way over to & past the Cabin.  Butch has the materials now to do the ceiling.  Possibly a project for the first of the year.  I have the little tree up & we go out at least a couple evenings a week.
Cabin cheer~
It was cold enough my hands were getting numb.  I'll be getting out my insulated gloves next time.  It feels so good to get any kind of outdoor exercise.
Cabin porch~
Crunching through the snow, this is the first year I've had clear views of the woods, with snow.  Last season there were still piles of cut honeysuckle.  We didn't have any snow until January.
Sunset~

With the sun so far to the south, I love watching as it moves lower over the ridge.  Of course the temperature drops with it - so I gimped my way rapidly back to the warmth of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~