March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Sparkling ~

 Sparkling - a day full of sunshine & the sparkle of fresh snow!  A good day to end what's been a difficult year. I had some disappointment yesterday.  My leg lost the three cm's I'd worked so hard for.  Back to 109 & more swollen.  It would have also been my mother's 89th birthday.  I was sad.  Mary Jo told me she'd gone snow-shoeing, something else I've always wanted to do...  Maybe next winter?

The Woods~
The one thing I can do - is walk!  It's a halting, painful, gimpy walk, but it gets me out!  I put on the new warm socks Butch got me for Christmas & my tall uninsulated snow boots.  It was a chore to get my foot & ankle pushed into them, but I did it!
One of our birds :-)
Waiting until after lunch, it had warmed from the early morning 6°, up to 28. Fresh air would help me out of my funk. The blanket of snow has quieted our world down.  I could almost hear the snow crystals tingling.
East along Tinkle Branch~
Only a rabbit had gone this way, as I looped down the trail from the Cabin.  Funny how he followed the trail.
Trail marker~
It was so pretty along the creek, the snow giving it such a pristine look.
Flowing clear & cold~
I had to take my insulated gloves off to take photos, then put them back on again to warm up my fingers!  Somebody was waiting for me when I came back in the lower gate!
Nika~
Honestly, I may be prejudiced, but the most beautiful Buhund in the state of Iowa!  I tell her that all the time!
Running for me!
It's a good thing she's not any bigger than she is!  I would have been knocked off my feet!  She positively loves fresh snow!  Of course, she sheds non-stop, but just in the past few weeks grew in her thick winter undercoat!
A perfect pose~
Of course I was led back up the hill to the house.  I hadn't taken my walking sticks, it was a little difficult.  I told Nika she might have to pull me up!  The sunshine on the deck felt warm, but of course Nika wanted in.  Either in - or - out - she gets a cookie!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~