March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, January 31, 2022

Back to the Lake~

Counting today, I managed to ride four times in January.  More surprising, two of those were on the Wabash.  With the weather's up & down temperatures & snow from the last storm still melting, the trail would be too soft to ride.  It's a bit of a drive, to Lake Manawa but worth it to have miles of nice trail surface & be out in the sunshine.  The day did still have the look of winter though, as the cloud cover increased.  Our high was 60.

On the trail~

Last year, my first ride was in March & I'd spent the winter months recovering from my injury.  This year, I feel special, being able to take advantage of the warmer days that cropped up every week or so.  

This bike is such a pleasure to ride!  I can't believe I struggled as long as I did with the Verve.  

Along the east side~ 
In the few places where the trees line the trail, I enjoy the view of winter woods.  There were a couple places where the snow had melted enough to form small ponds in the low spots.  A couple I could circumnavigate, but others I rode through.  Fenders do come in handy!
Way to the Wabash Connection~
I turned east, toward the Wabash, hoping to see if the trail had been reopened.  The signs were off to the side & as I watched, two bikes came toward me.  I asked & was told the underpass was open.  I decided I'd save those extra miles for another day.
Canadian Geese on the golf course~
The geese were out in large numbers on the golf course.  A huge flock enjoying such warm weather before the next round of cold.
The frozen lake~
My Garmin hadn't fully charged, so I just made one circuit around & returned to the Explorer at seven miles.  I'd gotten a later start than I'd planned.  With the cloud cover moving in, the day was cooling down.  Tomorrow our temperatures are going to drop again, low teens for the next few days.  Time to enjoy a warm house!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~