March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Weekend Wabash Walk~

 The weatherman was wrong...  The partly sunny day with temperatures up to forty, didn't happen.  Instead, the morning was overcast, gray & fog started moving in.  Even so, our high of 32 felt almost warm, after days & days of the bitter cold.  

Nika & Gracie~
Mari Jo had invited Nika & I over for our first dog walk of the year.  Everyone is trying to avoid cabin fever.  A couple weeks ahead of our first walk last winter, today, I could walk!  I've been going back to the Y with Doris.  When my ninety-year old friend says she'll go if I go; I go! Indoor exercise is better than no exercise.
North from Silver City~
The portion of the trail that's concrete, was dry.  Not too much farther, it was snow covered in the sheltered areas.  We both would have appreciated the sunshine we enjoyed last year!
More wind damage~
It's crazy to see the damage done to this tree from the windstorm...  There's not much of anything holding those big limbs up in the air.  Definitely a place we hurried to get past!
Gracie & Nika~
These two remembered each other but aren't exactly friends.  Both would like to dominate, but neither will submit.  Instead, they each take a side of the trail & try to ignore the other :-) Mari Jo noticed the change in Nika, since Butch has been gone.  She does miss him.  When he calls in the evening, I sit in the living room, as though he were here.  I put the phone on speaker while she lays between our chairs to listen.
Creek - frozen solid
The creek is frozen solid, as is ours at home.  The little amount of snow we received a week ago today, is still on the ground.  If the weatherman is right next week, we'll have a couple fifty-degree days to melt it off.
Nika on the limestone~
The limestone was frozen solid.  Mari Jo explained it will now go into a freeze/thaw cycle.  If there's too much thaw, it will be too soft to ride.  We're holding our breath, hoping it will be rideable on those upcoming warmer days.  If not, I plan to head up to Lake Manawa & at least get in a few miles there.  I haven't had Smokey out on a smooth surface yet.

The two miles went too fast, except we were both feeling the dry cold.  I stopped by Tobey Jacks on my way home & picked up a tenderloin to go.  The smell made me hungry all the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~