March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, January 1, 2022

In Like a Lion!

 

January 1, 2022
The 20-30 mph blasts of wind-driven snow were brutal.  The first day of the new year & we woke to a temperature of three degrees!  The wind making the feels like temperatures in the negative double digits for the first time this winter season.  We'd purchased a new, even More squirrel proof birdfeeder at Menards.  I hope the birds find it!  Butch made our hot latte's & we enjoyed watching the storm blow.

In the Cabin~

In the cabin, the temperature was staying a moderate forty degrees. It seemed much warmer after being out in the wind!  My germaniums looked fine & appreciate the south exposure.  

The roads were covered with a layer of ice, under the light new snow.  Most of town was hunkered down for the storm.  I started a pot of Chili & pan of cornbread for dinner.  Butch was packing (more on that later).  I spent the afternoon baking several dozens of his favorite oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies for the road.

January 2, 2022
Sunday dawned a totally different day - brilliant sunshine!  After Butch was on his way, I took a short walk.  The temperature was frigid, but I'd been shoveling enough to be warm.  
Winter woods~
I love the look of the woods with fresh snow!  Not many wildlife prints yet, but the bunnies will be bounding around soon, I'm sure.  Such a glorious day, I appreciated shoveling both for the exercise & for the excuse to be out.
Nika~

When I came in, Nika was showing her total unhappiness at Butch's departure.  Pouting & laying with a direct view of the front door...  Both of us will have to adjust to being on our own...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~