March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Sunday Walk~

 Early sunshine & temps in the low teens, made way for cloud cover & temperatures climbing into the 20's.  On the way to Silver City, the car thermometer read 19.  Luckily, there wasn't much wind.

Mari Jo, Nika in front & Gracie
Mari Jo took over both leashes so I could take a photo.  It was So cold; my fingers were frozen before I had my gloves off.  Our one warm day yesterday, up to 40, just couldn't hold on for another.  We're back to the up/down cycle of cold to bitter cold.  With just over a week left in January & February on the way, the winter doldrums or cabin fever are in full swing.
Creek frozen solid~
I appreciate having such a good friend to share these winter walks with!  If I lived closer, we'd do it more often.  Instead, Nika & I walk the woods most days.  Today, we kept moving to keep warm!  The trail surface was rock hard but won't be if things warm up again.

Each week since Butch left - I've progressed - at least somewhat.  The first?  I don't want to talk about.  I cleaned whether things needed cleaning or not.  I organized, again whether it was needed or not.  Anything to take my mind off being lonely. The second, I was lucky!  The weather cooperated & I enjoyed three days of bike riding!  This week, I felt more like I'd found my stride.  I've completed a couple small projects & have plenty more lined up to do.

The cold trail, heading north~
Nika thinks she's found her stride too!  At least when it comes to keeping me on a schedule.  She wakes me promptly each morning with little grunting sounds.  She must have an internal alarm for breakfast time!  She spends most mornings outside, waiting for her daily barks at the mailman! Then, there's her lunch snack, after I have my lunch.  (Little chopped bits of my apple & a couple crackers.)  

Mid-afternoon is her attention time.  I sit out with her, if it's anywhere near warm & we watch the sunset over the hill.  The longest wait is always for her dinner.  5:30 p.m. just can't come fast enough! :-)
Nika~
Doris & I have kept each other motivated to go to the Y.  We try for three afternoons a week but settle for two if we're not in the mood.  Working out has never been fun for me, but I sure feel better when I'm done.  My leg is holding up to my old workout of 30-min. for two-miles on rolling hills.

Butch calls in the evenings.  I put him on speaker, have the fireplace going & the two of us kick back in the living room.  The minute he mentions her name, she'll look up at the phone.  I'm not the only one missing him!

It always feels so good to get out & move! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~