March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Wabash Landing ~

 The weather cooperated again with temperatures in the low 70's & hardly any wind.  Since Finnigan made it plain he wanted to visit with Grandma Doris when we stopped by & she was happy for his company - I decided to do another ride!

Arriving at the pond, I turned north this afternoon.  It's impossible to miss the change that continues to happen daily along the east side of the trail - as you ride north.  

North from Malvern~
You can't miss the removal of topsoil from the land that will eventually be 62 new homes, under the name: "Wabash Landing".  I can hardly imagine the difference sixty-two homes will make in what has been up to now a quiet rural area.

Cutting away the hillside, dark line of topsoil~
The planned housing development will have homes available for low to moderate income households.  With Malvern's current population of just over 1,000 people - the impact of growth will be felt in by the community.  Development here seems to take much longer than the speedy process that occurs in Washington State & on a smaller scale.  Even so & knowing affordable housing is at a premium, I'm not looking forward to the change.
Workers on the Silver Creek Trestle~
The proximity to the trail is mentioned in the advertising & the trail will be one of the places I expect to see more impact.  My days of quiet rides are probably numbered.  I went ahead & rode the section of trail that's closed off.  Bad me - just to check if anyone was working on the Trestle.  I was happy to see progress is now being made.
Trail blocked at 305th~
When I had reached 305th, the trail was blocked & the detour sign out to the gravel road was obvious.  I took a good look.
The Detour to Gaston Rd~
There is no way known to man I would make it up the big hill in the distance under my own pedal power!  Kudos to anyone who's ridden this to Gaston Road where you return to the trail & can continue on north to Silver City.
Looking west - Hwy 34~
I turned around at the Trestle, it was another quite beautiful if overcast afternoon.  Today was the first time this season I've taken Smokey out two back-to-back days.  Still no rain, but if the weather report holds true, we're to see the first of the rain move in late tonight.
Looking North - at the Pond~
The clouds seemed even heavier today than yesterday.  I returned to town to find Doris & Finn out working in the backyard.  We chatted for a while, before Finn & I headed home.  Each day seems more & more like spring is around the corner.  Rain would certainly be a tremendous help!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~