March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Sunday, February 10, 2019

It's My Birthday!

 I didn't expect to be flying on my birthday, but my flight was cancelled for Sat. & changed to Sunday.  Sunday, at home, we had a fresh couple inches of snow.  Washington is in the middle of it's snowiest February on record & we're not even through the first half of the month.
My "ride"~
We arrived at the airport in plenty of time, the highways were fine, but the roads in Omaha to Eppley were covered with slush. The TSA line was a little longer than usual, but I was on the plane with fifteen minutes to spare. Butch got the above photo of the plane after I'd boarded.
Deicing~
 The Captain told us that take-off would be delayed a few minutes, while the frost was removed from the wings.  It was really fun to watch from my seat in the 8th row.
Pressure wash!
Meanwhile, Butch had the view below.
Wings cleaned~
 We were finally off the ground about 25-min. late, but the Captain made up the time in the air.  Most of the trip we were above heavy cloud cover, with a glimpse of the west now & then.  When we dropped below the clouds & the view was stunning! 

I-90 Floating Bridge~
I recognized the first of the two floating bridges. I-90 at the south end of Lake Washington.
Huskey Stadium & the 520 Evergreen Point Floating Bridge, looking east~
Toward the north end, is the Evergreen Point floating bridge.  As we landed the Captain said; "I know, it looks like where we just came from, but it is indeed Seattle!" Dave & Cassidy were waiting in the cell phone lot when I arrived. The roads were just wet on the way back to Duvall.
Mason & Grammy~
Mason met me at the door with flowers!  The smell of a freshly baked chocolate cake swirled through the cold air!  We all went out for dinner in town & it was late by the time I made it out to my RV :-)
We woke this morning to a world of white!
The front yard~
 The little birds are everywhere, taking advantage of Courtney's feeder in the back yard!  One of the first visitors I saw was a Varied Thrush.
The Backyard from the deck~
 I told the kids that I did Not expect to come back to Washington to shovel more snow, but Courtney & I spent a couple hours this afternoon doing just that!  It was so beautiful, the snow continuing to come down.  We went in for lunch, then less than an hour later I went out to find another 3" covering all our hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~