March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Visiting our Oregon Grand-kids - Day Two~

We watched the clouds & drove out to Ft. Stevens.  All our trips to the OR beaches & we'd never visited the wreck of the Peter Iredale.  A dark gray cloud arrived about the time we did, dropping rain.  We waited a few minutes in the car before venturing out.
Skyla & Grammy~
There was a stiff wind blowing & it was Cold!  Regardless, the tide was going out & we could walk around the rusted steel hulk.
Ben braves the cold!
No matter what the weather, I love the beach!  Seeing it on a gray day is as colorful in it's own way - as any other.  The rusted steel had such a foreboding appearance, yet was so beautiful.
Inside~
Even on the steel, mosses have a foothold.
Skyla & Ben - inside the hulk~
The ships mass & size is still impressive, even after over 110 years.
Patterns in the sand~
I couldn't help but notice the patterns in the sand.  Natures art.
Skyla in the rain~
A drop of rain was on my camera lens - but Skyla's frozen smile lit the day!
Ben & Grammy~
Skyla took the above photo!  I was huddling next to Ben for warmth!  :-)  Soon though - the sun broke through the clouds & the day became spectacular!
Sunbreak!
The sun turned the incoming breakers every shade of silver!  
Skyla & Josie flying in the wind~
Next, Ben & Skyla had a race to the top of the dunes!  I'm not going to say who won!  The day had warmed slightly - but was still far from warm enough to be comfortable.
Unhappy Skyla & Ben :-)
Josie took an easier way up - both girls now at the top.  I had a feeling they would be coming down fast!
Skyla & Josie at the top of the dunes~
Competitive as they come, these two made a race of it!  Sand flying!
On their way down!
Of course, their were boots FULL of sand!  :-)
Aftermath :-)
It was all SO worth it!  We all missed having Papa with us - but had a grand time nonetheless!
Hooligan's!
We picked up dinner on the way home for Joe, Ben & the girls. Ben had worked the night before & was due to work again this night. Instead of sleeping - he'd decided to spend the day with us & I love him for it!  When I told the girls goodbye I had tears in my eyes & Skyla asked me why...  I told her it was because I missed them so very much!  Ben picked me up off the ground!  He's been doing this since he was big enough & I almost cried again!

I drove back to the hotel, arriving just before dark.  Jentry came over later & we had a quiet dinner together.  It was so very hard to say goodbye.  This family holds a piece of our hearts with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~