March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Road Trip!


Valentine's Day & I was on the road with Courtney's car!  A very trusting daughter - she reminded me that she was fully insured :-)  This was the trip I'd planned before Mason's heath issues.  I was going to visit both our youngest daughter's family near Astoria, OR & Farah.  I planned to be back the day before Mason would be released from his final hospital stay.

The traffic is so heavy, that it's like navigating a large 3-D video game!  I had Google Maps on my phone & had printed up directions.  Luckily, I still remembered all the major interchanges to make my way to I-5.

The weather report took precedence over my scheduling.  With so much snow, I decided to go to Oregon first, then visit Farah on my way back.  My good friend Joyce's farm is about 2/3rds of the way south.  We were determined to spend some time together.  After meeting in town for lunch with friends, I followed her home.
Joyce & Jim~
Jim had made plans for the holiday of course, before my schedule change.  I was more than happy to kick-back with a hot tea & the TV remote. Once they returned, we were up till after midnight catching up!
Road from the barn~
Friday, we woke to a cold Washington morning.  We took a hike deep into the property.  I never have to be asked twice to walk in the woods!
Trails~
Joyce & I are cut from the same cloth - both of us love working outside.  I think we used to spend almost as much time off our horses breaking through overgrown trails, than riding them.  Besides her sewing business, she is in the process of cutting new trails!
The creek~
Having water going through a property makes such a difference & we're both lucky that our second homes have that.  Of course this area is much more remote than ours.
Beaver Dam~
The beaver haven't even taken any trees down, they have so many limbs to use for their dam construction.  It's one of the biggest I've seen in a long while.
From above the dam~
The creek was flowing so clear, in places I could see to the bottom & it was deep!  It would make a good swimming hole in the summer!
Me~
Joyce took the above photo.  I was miles down the road before I realized that we hadn't thought to get a photo of the two of us :-(
Happy Horses~
Joyce has always taken extemporary care of her horses.  They have a huge spotlessly clean barn & pasture rotation keeps them on grass year around.  Target remembered me!  He also remembered that I always carry treats - of course all the horses got a few additional cookies!

It was hard to leave.  The two of us share so much history, so many miles, so many memories of incredible rides...  We will ride again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~