March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

My Way Home~

I'd had a busy few weeks.  The best part of the trip was being around for Grandson Mason during most of his cancer treatments.  The successful outcome was a blessing beyond measure!  He has a period of recovery ahead of him, but with his positive attitude & the support of his family & friends, I'm sure he'll break records getting back to school!

We drove south to Sea Tac at oh dark thirty...  Leaving the house at 4, there was no traffic until we were closer to the airport.  Courtney dropped me off & I made my way to TSA.  By the time I was at my gate, she was already home!
Mt. Rainier~
The plane was again half empty.  Whether the change in the Alaska scheduled daily flight to Omaha, or that it was a Tue., I don't know.  We all stretched out, I had a perfect view out my window in the 7th row.  Looking across the isle, I could see Mt. Rainier out the windows on the far side of the plane.
Over the Cascades - dawn~
With that entire row empty, I moved over to get the photo.  Something to remember next time I reserve a seat.  It felt like a luxury flight, with many of the passengers sleeping.
Room for tea~
Again, I had to bring a little plant!  At the Seattle Flower & Garden Festival on Sunday, there was a booth near the end, full of geraniums. I was amazed to find a small plant who's leaves looked all too familiar!
Appleblossom Rosebud
None of the small starts left were in bloom.  I asked the salesman what the blooms looked like & he brought up the photo above on his phone.  He also confirmed that there is a red variety!   I couldn't believe that after all these years I've finally identified my geranium.  I'm looking forward to my first pink blooms!

The flight went fast -  the entire country covered in a blanket of blazing white snow!  I was so looking forward to getting home!  Since September of last year, I've spent more time away than I ever have.  I was getting used to living with a busy family with two teenagers & enjoying every minute!  :-)  But, as they say; there's no place like home & I couldn't wait to see Butch's smiling face!
Over the Missouri!
We were dropping very low & ice crystals were at the edge of my window. It looked positively frigid down there!
Ice flows in the Missouri~
It's some strange looking ice, not what I would have expected & totally different from the blocks of ice that I witnessed in February of 2017 in the Elkhorn River.
Elkhorn River 2-10-2017
Of course the Missouri, is the longest river in the US.  By discharge rate, it is the tenth largest.

At Eppley, the parking area was closed.  Butch sent me a text & told me to call him once I was outside.  I called - he pulled up quickly - but just before I turned into a frozen statue!  The blast of cold wind felt especially brutal since I'd become accustomed to the more moderate, if wetter cold of the NW.
2-27-2019 The swing~
 Butch & I stopped for lunch in Council Bluffs before he dropped me at home & left for the bus barn.  I emptied my suitcase, watered the plants & sat back with a hot tea!  Our normal highs in March are usually in the 40's.  This week we're to break records for both below average day-time cold highs & nighttime lows!

2 comments:

  1. Almost time for Geraniums! It wouldn't be Spring here without a container of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will be months yet before they can go outside! :-(

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~