March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, February 15, 2019

Visiting our Oregon Grandkids - Day 1 ~

I was on my way from my friend Joyce's with plenty of time to fuel up & make it to Jentry's before noon.  
More Rain!
I'd driven in heavy rain most of the way yesterday & today was no different.  Normal this time of year in the great Northwet!  The sun broke through just as I pulled into Jentry's drive.  Soon though, the cloud cover returned.

Jentry & I drove to Astoria for lunch.  The oysters at South Bay Wild Fish House were as fresh as any I've had!  Our first lunch together, in forever!  We enjoyed walking through a few of the unique shops before heading back in time for the girls return from school.
Josie & Skyla!
We were walking the yard when the big yellow bus pulled up!  What a thrill to watch as our two youngest granddaughters disembarked & came running right at me!  It was one of those moments I will cherish!  Huge hugs!  Kisses!  
Snowdrops~
On a bank covered in rich deep soil, visible from Jentry's kitchen window, are snowdrops!  One of my favorite bulbs!  A touch of spring!
Josie, Skyla & Jentry~
We went inside to warm up.  The girls opened the Valentine's gifts I'd brought from Italy.
Scout!
Scout is the newest member of the family!  A Jack Rat puppy - he has more than enough energy to keep up with two young girls!
Josie leads the way~
After snacks, we were ready to hit the trails!  The girls had worked on their own trails during the summer & were anxious to show me!  A light drizzle didn't stop these two from running ahead, sure footed as little mountain goats.
Josie!
I had to call a halt here & there, just to get photos!  At the far northern boundary of the kids property is a small offshoot of Davis creek.  The wetlands beyond are part of a huge estuary that belongs to the Columbia river.
Skyla - in the "living room" :-)
Smart with their trail design, the girls stayed to the higher ground under the trees, where there was less brush.  From this spot was a view to the back of the house.
House & Garage~
We continued north & eventually came to the Northwest corner of the fence.  The reed canary grass would have been higher than the girls are tall this summer!  Now, it's falling over & I saw a little unidentified creature pop up!
An unidentified "creature"!
We cut back up the hillside, following a line of trees to the road in front of the house.  Both of these little naturalists have such a love of the outdoors!  They spend more time outside than in, a rarity now days.  A tribute to their Mom & Dad - they've lived in some beautiful places!
Josie, Grammy, Skyla & Scout~
It was almost dark by the time we returned to the house.  Brother Ben came home from work!  We picked up clam chowder for dinner at the hotel, then had time to go swimming!
Josie~
 Skyla is already learning to be a strong swimmer & Josie isn't far behind.  She demonstrated both overhand & a nice backstroke.
Skyla~
Jentry, Ben & I made plans for the following day.  Our plan was to go to the beach - rain or shine!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Connie. I love those girls. They are so cute. I can here them chattering a mile a minute 😄😇😇

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~