March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, September 4, 2020

Driving the Farmall!

A very warm day, but again, low humidity!  With even more heat, possibly a record breaking 100+ coming at us over the holiday weekend, I wanted to get in one more ride.
Field of drying corn~
 Silver City is pretty much my go to on hot days.  The section of trail from there to Malvern is mostly in the shade.  It was Friday, Mari Jo & I had made plans to exchange a pint of my zucchini relish for one of her Chile sauce!
In the shade~
 The temperature drop of the shade is always very welcome!  Speedy made really good time all the way to Agriland.  Butch had the hose & was spraying off the apron to the shop.  After sitting in front of the fan, we took a walk-a-bout to see what projects he'd worked on during the week.
The 1942 Farmall
I just love the old tractor the crew has restored!  Butch asked me if I wanted to drive it?  I thought he'd said;  "Take a ride."  My mistake!  There's no room for two-people on this tractor.  Before I knew it, I was in the seat, being shown how to start it up!  Wow!
Driving!
 I cleared the shop door & kept it in second!  That was plenty fast enough for me!  I just can't imagine the hours farmers spent on these plowing the fields.

Butch took it for a spin too, so I could get video.  He, of course, upped the speed.  The front end still needs work, but the plan is for the old tractor to have a new job moving tanks around the yard.
Notice the seat spring!
 Nothing like todays modern equipment, but I'm so happy it will still have a useful job!  I knew it would be a long, hot eight-miles back.  There were only a few birds braving the heat & a few squirrels still running out for the walnuts.
Under the train trestle~
I surprised myself, grinding on the uphill grades & only making one stop for water.  Back in Silver City, I finished loading Speedy, then chatted with Mari Jo in the coolness of her shop.  Butch arrived & we had dinner at The Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~