March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Driving the Floater!

 It was a perfect day by my standards, for riding.  Overcast, cool, mid-60's & just a little wind from 10-15 mph.  Day's like these, remind me of WA.  I enjoy them - since we do only have a few.

Leaving Silver City~

Leaving Silver City, the clouds looked a little ominous.  With only a slight chance of rain, I really didn't think we'd get wet.  It was so beautiful, nature took a breather, after the heat earlier in the week.

Speedy by the Sweet Williams~
The Sweet William is now in full bloom, highlighted by all the emerging greens.
The return of the Greens!

As we closed in on Malvern, the trees were leafing out more than near Silver City.  Different varieties, the Walnuts take longer & I eagerly await their beautiful airy look.

I arrived at Agriland just a little after 3 p.m.  Butch showed me the latest repair projects, as we shared our coke.  Then...  He said;  "Do you want to drive the floater?"

It does fit in that "tiny" door!  View of Butch's shop~
What?  It's HUGE!  But it does have a jump seat, so I told him I would give it a try!  Wow!  The photo above was at the end of my drive.  We started out at the far side of the shop.  I had to back it up & make a tight turn to get out to the road.  Well...  It took up the Entire road!  No such thing as staying on your own side!  :-)
In the drivers seat!
I think I did OK!  Shifting wasn't as hard as I imagined, the pedals are the same as what a truck would be.  I couldn't get the seat quite forward enough - but still managed to steer!  We turned in the far driveway & I had to ask WAY in advance;  "Where do we go Now!"   It was Fun to drive!  Butch explained driving in rough fields was entirely different from driving on a smooth surface!

A way down!

Getting down, was interesting!  I have always loved to drive & over the years Butch has given me the opportunity to drive some cool equipment - but to date - the Terra Gator was the most fun!

Speedy at the Malvern Sign~
Speedy was just a little jealous :-) she seemed small when we left.  The clouds broke from time to time, for just a taste of sunshine.  We stopped on the bridge too & enjoyed watching the Cardinals singing from the trees.
Plowed fields~

Several farmers were working the fields.  It's been planting time for a while now, Agriland' s busiest time of year!  I have so much admiration for our Iowa Farmers!  They are hard-working & diligent caretakers of so many acres of farm land.  If you look at the statistic's in the link above, you'll be impressed!

Our ride was just over seventeen-miles.  I slowed down on the way back, but still finished within 1.8 mph of my top speed, on this stretch of trail last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~