March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, April 26, 2021

Windy & HOT Ride!

 Still far from understanding of Iowa's weather - today we hit 90!  Monday's are Mari Jo's day off from her shop.  We'd been trying to get in a ride for a couple weeks!  Last Monday we had snow - today - blistering heat! 

Speedy ready to go!

Regardless, we Cowgirled Up & left south from Silver City.  The wind was gusting up to 25-mph & we rode right into it.  With the unaccustomed heat & strong winds, hot is the only word to describe it.  I love the shade on the trail, but we had very little today.  The trees have yet to leaf out!  Mari Jo kindly made a quick trip home, to get me sunscreen.  Time to add that to my pack.

Sweet William blooming!

 The flowers were wilting either from the last hard freeze, or the simmering heat.  Of course we talk & we peddle.  I'm sure our talking slows down our average speed!  :-)  Even so, our over all speed was up 2-mph from my first ride on the trail March 19th.  The March ride was 8.5 mi., today 12 mi.  

My knee & ankle were really stiff & sore.  I'd mowed in the woods yesterday & paid the price today.  I wanted to show Mari Jo where the blooming wildflowers were.  There were still a few left, in the more sheltered area's of the hillside.

Mari Jo's Hybrid bike & Speedy~

As we turned back, it was a relief to have the brunt of the wind at our backs!  Several riders had passed us going toward Silver City, on our way out.  More than I've seen on the trail this spring.  One, an electric bike, I've noticed before.  Of course, they make it look easy & I'm sure it is.

We were out a couple hours - I was ready to be done.  Cooler weather is forecast for later in the week, I'm already looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~