March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, April 19, 2021

Today vs. Yesterday!

 Well, today...  No one who enjoyed our day yesterday believed what the weatherman was trying to make us believe!  The local retailers who's just received orders of bedding plants, where in a mad scramble to find room for them under cover.

First season for the yellow Tulips~
Our high temperature reached 60 & with just a light breeze, it was our most stellar day to date. Blue skies with white fluffy clouds perfectly interspersed.
Second season for my reds~
Every year I say I'm not going to buy more plants.  This year, I wanted to visit new-to-me nurseries in Omaha.  They are always So inspiring!  So when I couldn't help but spot the beauty below...
Lemony Lace Elderberry~

We bought two, one for each side of the big cottonwood. They are so bright, we can easily see them from the back deck.
New plant stands~
I'd been looking for plant stands, something strong enough to hold decent sized pots.  I found these on-line at Home Depot.  After a successful day Saturday, shopping at the opening of the Blooming Barn, I wanted nothing more than to start potting!  Wisdom prevailed as I tucked my new bedding plants away either in the cabin, or craft room.   
The winds came!
I woke, in sometime in the middle of the night, to howling wind gusts.  From the west room, I could see the flags blowing due south.  The cold system from the north was moving in...
Monday, morning.  Snow flakes in the air~
This morning, the temperature was hovering just above freezing.  I put on my coat & went out to cover my germanium's - yet again...  I'd planted them two weeks ago now - too soon.  They were So ready to get out of pots & into the ground.  Butch had potted the full-sized plants last fall.  I'm going to take cuttings once they start growing again.  Now, they're just holding their own against the cold nights under plastic bags.

It has been cooler than normal, the flowering trees have stayed in full bloom for so long!  Sooner or later, spring will return & hopefully stay!  We're promised mid-60's by next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~