March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, July 31, 2020

Rockin' Out~

A wonderful day - cooler, less humidity - I'll ride!  Of course my timing was a bit off.  First, the Bronco needed gas.  I realized I'd forgotten my phone, back for it.  Out on Hwy 34, made the turn toward Silver City.  Stopped - road repairs - 15-minute wait.
All the work was out of sight, at the bottom of the long hill~
 To all who still think Iowa is flat...  Wrong!  We do have big & long hills, usually one after another.  I thought Speedy's chain might need oil.  I'd forgotten mine, but Mari Jo was out & offered to show me how to do it.  Well, she pronounced Speedy's chain just fine - not dirty & not in need of oil!
Corn!
 Once on the trail I had to take a photo of the corn growing along both sides in places.  It's almost a claustrophobic feeling when you can't see out...  It's so funny to hear people talk, about how they're ready for the corn to go down & views to open back up!  It's only five feet, but now I understand the sentiment.
The long trail~
 There are at least four sections between Silver City & Malvern where the Walnuts are just magnificent.  Arching high over the trail - giving me a strong feeling of awe.

I really pushed myself today, peddling seemed so much easier than my last ride with the sticking break.  Cooler weather & a dry trail were wonderful.  Even though later than Butch had expected me, I'd made really good time. 
Ready to leave Agriland~
 Butch had my Coke so cold there were ice crystals in it!  Perfect!  We sat in front of the fan, cooling off, before I started back.
My first "rock"~
 I bought some oil-based colored pens & tried a small design on a rock.  No words of wisdom, but I thought it might be fun for someone to find.  I left it at a height where possibly a younger rider might spot it.
Speedy by the rock on the bridge rail~
 I always enjoy this trail - something new to see every ride.  This day, it was a tiny mouse, running as fast as he could to cross the trail before Speedy's tire got to him!  :-)  You have to wonder why he just didn't wait until we'd passed.
Heading north~
I made it back to Silver City just before Butch arrived.  Mari Jo mentioned we should try dinner at the The Hood, across the street.  The Friday night special was smoked ribs, potato salad, baked beans & fresh sweet corn-on-the-cob!  We didn't take much convincing!  If we find any more good restaurants on the trail - I'll never cook again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~