March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Back to WA & Farah Moves On~

 It's been seven long months since my last visit to WA.  It always seems way too long between those hugs & smiles & happy times!  Courtney's family is busy as usual, with a backyard full of projects.  I have my spot already picked out.
The patio~
Ben is working in construction, Mason is a graduate, Cassidy is in her senior year.  Skyla is studying the violin & Josie wants to learn guitar.  Jentry too, never lets the dust settle between her projects!  Her most recent - re-vamping the front flower beds!
Flower beds~
Then, there's a mare I can't wait to get my hands on & a view - I'd like to experience one more time.
2-10-2020
There may be a trip to the Vet & it won't be Pilchuck!  Farah's right hind leg was caught in a closing trailer door, as she was loading.  It slammed into her hock.  If necessary, finally having it looked at will  give me some peace of mind.  My gold girl will be moving to the east side of the state - for the time being.
New views~
She will have wide-open views to enjoy, tons of space & a couple friends to run with.  Shoes pulled & months for her feet to grow back the way she likes them.  No more training, no more arenas, no more endurance or limited distance training rides.  A private farm, old family friends, open country, plenty of trails, mountains to explore & a sunshine climate.

I've taken off the rose colored glasses.  I'd been thinking more of myself & the one or two times a year I might get in a ride.  The angst of the decision has been ongoing.  Those who've commented on Farah's saddened expression - can rest assured she'll have great care & plenty of space.

2 comments:

  1. Where Farah is going looks lovely, will she be entirely retired then? Bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things have changed. More stories to come. Yes - from endurance.

      Delete

Always Welcome~