March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, May 10, 2021

Another First Ride~

 The original Verve I bought in Kansas - we returned to the Omaha Trek for a full refund.  Butch had purchased his bike at the Bike Rack in Omaha.  I was happy to find the bike I'd driven so far for - closer to home.  We picked up another Verve 3 Lowstep, on Saturday.  No screws broken off in the frame, fenders properly installed, as were the brakes & shifters!

Today, was this bikes first time on the trail.  Mari Jo was ready to ride & I was happy to have company!  The weather was just stunning, cool & hardly any wind.

New Verve with the Bronco~
Butch put the new rear racks on both our bikes, yesterday.  It was nice to have all my "stuff" back with me.  As we rode toward Malvern, we ran into the trail maintenance crew cutting some of the tree snags & pulling invasive vines out of the trees.  The mower was going through too.
Mari Jo - the Marlin & Breezy
We were in no hurry, it was so nice to be able to ride side by side & talk.  Before, with Speedy, I had a more difficult time peddling & talking too.  :-)  
Breezy on the Trestle~
The miles seemed to fly by.  As Mari Jo said, it's about riding smarter, not harder!  This bike makes that statement so true!  My bad leg is getting more used to the peddle position, which helps.
Corn coming up!
The corn is already turning the fields a light shade of green!  We had almost an inch of very welcome rain on Sat.  Just what was needed to make the plant life pop.
Our Way back~
It was the easiest 16-miles I think I've ridden.  Mari Jo helped me find my way through the gears & noticed I didn't ask to stop as often either!  A combination of the new bike & another week of healing for my leg.  I'm planning to tackle the ride from Agriland to Imogene on Wed.  It'll be interesting to see how well Breezy does on Cottonwood Pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~